Writing Portfolio

30.4.16

The Lea Valley Walk


For my next London walk, I took on the Lea Valley Walk – which, in terms of London, is just over 13 miles (I judged the ‘London’ part to extend as far as the area in which one can use an Oyster card, meaning it ends in zone 7 at Waltham Cross, although the walk itself does in fact go all the way to Luton). I had a great time – plenty of wildlife to be seen in a variety of habitats along the river and its canalised part (35 bird species!), plus I’ve found that walking along canal towpaths can be a lot of fun in terms of what you can see and encounter on the way. One of the really good things about this one was the number of stations along the way, meaning that the Lea Valley Walk can be as long, or as short, as you want it to be. Full details can be found here:



No comments: